If you’ve chosen to move forward with a top Airbnb alternative, or you’ve decided rental properties just aren’t your thing for staying somewhere during a trip out of town, and you want to put your Airbnb account to bed, here’s how to do it.
Steps to Deleting an Airbnb Account
- Go to www.airbnb.com in your web browser and log in.
- Move your mouse cursor over your name in the top-right corner and click Account in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Click Settings in the left-hand menu, and then click Cancel My Account.
- Click one of the buttons underneath “Tell Us Why You’re Leaving” to indicate a reason why you want to close your Airbnb account. If you wish to leave further details, click in the box labelled “Care to Tell Us More?” and type them in. Then, click one of the buttons underneath “Can We Contact You for More Details?” to decide whether or not you want Airbnb to follow up with you after your account closes. When you’re all done, click Cancel My Account.
That’s all that you need to do to delete an Airbnb account! Be sure to check this popular tutorial, which lists the best websites like Airbnb, if you want to learn about the best Airbnb alternatives.
Notes on deleting your Airbnb account
- If your account is cancelled, all active bookings you have — whether you’re staying as a guest or hosting someone else — will automatically be cancelled.
- When your account is no longer active, nobody will be able to find your profile on Airbnb, nor will they be able to find any property listings that you have posted on Airbnb.
- If you wish to reactivate your Airbnb account, you will have to contact Airbnb customer service. Try calling 855-424-7262 or 415-800-5959, or try emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Or, you could just start a new account with a different email address (if you have one).