Not everyone is going to like Amazon. Maybe you just won’t be able to find a good deal, you’ll have an unfortunate experience, or maybe you just want to buy local and support your community businesses.
Unfortunately, there is no quick and easy way to delete your Amazon account. Besides just not logging into your account ever again, the only way to permanently close it is to contact Amazon’s customer service department.
To delete an Amazon account:
- Go to www.amazon.com and log in (if you haven’t already).
- Scroll to the bottom of Amazon’s main page and click Help in the right-hand menu.
- Move your mouse cursor over “Need More Help?” and click Contact Us. You may be prompted to log in (again) when you do this; you can click Skip Sign In to skip this step, but by logging in, Amazon can have your information ready when you contact them.
- When you get to the “Contact Us” page, under “What Can We Help You With?”, click Prime or Something Else. Then, under “Tell Us More about Your Issue,” click the drop-down menu labelled “Select an Issue” and select Account Settings, and then click the drop-down menu labelled “Select Issue Details” and select Close My Account.
- Follow steps 4, 5, or 6 in our tutorial on Amazon customer service to get in touch with an Amazon customer service representative about cancelling your account by email, phone, or live chat, respectively.
If you need further help, be sure to check out the rest of our customer service article. Good luck with cancelling your Amazon account! We’ve also got a great article on some of the best sites like Amazon, in case you’re ready to start looking for the next great site for your online shopping needs.