Not enjoying Care.com? Want to delete your account, but need some guidance on how to do it? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this tutorial, we’ll show you what you need to do to delete your Care.com account. We’ll provide you with simple instructions, and detailed instructions with pictures, as well as give you a few notes with some additional helpful information. To kick things off, let’s start with the simple instructions.
To delete your Care.com account:
- In a web browser, go to www.Care.com and log in to your account.
- Click the Menu button in the top-left corner.
- Access your account settings.
- Scroll down and click Close Account.
- Choose a reason for deleting your account from the dropdown menu.
- Finally, click Submit.
That covers the to-the-point version of the instructions to deleting your account on Care.com. If you’d prefer more detailed instructions with pictures, read the next section below.
Detailed instructions to delete your Care.com account:
1. Visit www.Care.com.
The first step in deleting your Care.com account is to navigate to the website in your browser.
2. Log into your account.
The next step is to sign in to your Care.com account. Click Log In in the top right corner, then enter your email address and password.
3. In the top-left of your screen, click the Menu icon.
Once you’ve logged in to your account, click on the Menu button to open the main menu.
4. Click the gear on the right of the menu to view your settings.
To access your Care account settings, click on the gear icon that appears on the right side of the menu bar. This will take you to a page with your Care.com settings.
5. Select Close Account.
Scroll down to the bottom of your settings page. Near the bottom of the page, click Close Account.
6. Using the dropdown, select why you want to delete your account.
You’ll see a new window appear on your screen. There will be a dropdown menu within this window. From the options in the dropdown menu, select the reason that is the closest to the reason why you want to delete your account. If none of them apply, select “Other.” Then, you can add any additional details you wish to include in the text box below.
7. Click Submit to delete your account.
The final step to deleting your account is to submit the reasoning behind your desire you have your account removed. All you have to do is click the Submit button.
That’s all you need to do to have your Care.com account closed. Next, we’re going to tell you about a few things we think you should keep in mind when deleting your Care.com account.
Notes on deleting your Care.com account
1. If you’re deleting your account due to a resolvable issue, contact Care’s customer service first – maybe they can fix it for you.
Before deleting your account, get in touch with Care.com’s customer support team. They may be able to help you solve whatever issue you’re experiencing without you needing to delete your account.
2. Be honest about the reason why you want your account closed.
When indicating the reason why you want your account deleted, be as honest as you can about the reason why. This will help Care to improve their website and their service if they can get an idea of why people are choosing to leave the site.
3. Check your email inbox for a confirmation that your account was permanently deleted.
After completing the process of deleting your account, check your email inbox for a confirmation message. Once your account has been deleted, Care.com will send you an email to let you know that it’s all done.
That wraps up this tutorial on how to delete your Care account. If you’re interested in trying out a different caregiving website, check out our Care.com alternatives article.