If you’ve tried out Groupon and still think that you’re getting a raw deal from it, you can close your account on the website if you no longer want to use it. Unfortunately, there is no fast way to permanently delete your Groupon account; you must submit a request to Groupon customer service and have them delete your account for you.
To delete your Groupon account by contacting customer service:
- Go to www.groupon.com and log into your account.
- Click “Help”.
- Click “My Question Isn’t About An Order”.
- Type in “close account”, click “I Have A Groupon Account I’d Like to Close”, and then click “No, I Still Need Help.”
- Type in details about why you want your account closed, and then click “Submit”.
Need more help than that? No problem. We have a full set of account-busting instructions below.
Directions for how to delete a Groupon account
1. Log into your Groupon account.
To do this, go to www.groupon.com and click Sign In in the top-right corner of the screen.
Then, click in the box labelled “Email” and type in the email address that you signed up for Groupon with. Then, click in the box labelled “Password” and type in the password that you picked to protect your Groupon account. Finally, click the big Sign In button.
2. Access the Groupon help interface.
To do this, click Help in the menu in the top-right corner.
3. State that your inquiry isn’t related to a Groupon order.
If you have already made a Groupon purchase, you will automatically be asked if you need help with your most recent order. Instead, click My Question Isn’t about an Order.
4. State that you want to close your Groupon account, and that you need further help.
On the next screen, click in the box labelled “Tell Us What’s Going On” and type in “delete account” (or something to that effect). I Have A Groupon Account I’d Like to Close should appear as a suggested help topic; click on it.
Groupon will give you some suggestions on what you might want to do instead of deleting your account, such as unsubscribing from Groupon’s emails or deleting payment options from your Groupon account. If you still want to go ahead with deleting your Groupon account, click No, I Still Need Help instead.
5. Provide details as to why you want your Groupon account closed, and then submit your help ticket.
On the next screen, click in the box labelled “Please Give Us A Quick Idea Of What’s Going On” and type in some details about how you want your Groupon account closed, and why you want to close it. Then click Submit. You can also click Live Chat to start a text chat with a Groupon representative and tell them directly that you’d like to close your Groupon account; you may be able to get it done faster this way.
After this, Groupon should be in touch with you via email and will help you get your account closed.