Is Tumblr.com just not the right blogging website for you? Have you made the switch to one of our recommended Tumblr alternatives? If you’re done with Tumblr and want to delete your account, we’ll help you out. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps of how to delete your Tumblr account. Here are the basic steps:
- Go to www.tumblr.com in your web browser, and sign in.
- Click the Account icon, then select Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click Delete Account at the bottom of the “Account” section of your settings.
- Enter the email address and password for your Tumblr account.
- Click the Delete Everything button.
It’s a pretty straightforward process, but just so you don’t take a tumble while doing it, we’ll show you what to look for during each step.
Detailed instructions for how to cancel your Tumblr account
1. Open your web browser, go to www.tumblr.com, and sign in to your account.
If you need help remembering how to log into Tumblr, see steps 1 and 2 in our tutorial on how to create a Tumblr blog.
2. Click the Account icon in the top-right corner, and click “Settings.”
Remember, the Account icon is the one that looks like a blank profile picture icon. Clicking on it will display a drop-down menu; clicking Settings will get you to your settings screen.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the “Account” section, and click “Delete Account.”
You should automatically be taken to the Account section of your settings screen. If you somehow end up in a different section, click Account on the right-hand side of your settings menu. Then scroll to the bottom of the section and click Delete Account.
4. Enter your email address and password, and then click “Delete Everything.”
Click in the box labelled “Email” and type in the email address that you used to sign up for Tumblr. Next, click in the box labelled “Password” and type in the password that protects your Tumblr account. Finally, click Delete Everything. All content related to your Tumblr account (including all of your blogs) will be deleted and cannot be recovered.
You can also just click Never Mind to forego deleting your account and go back to your account settings.
Now you know how to get rid of your Tumblr account if you no longer want or need it! If you’re interested in trying out a different blogging website that might be better suited for you, check out our article on the best Tumblr alternatives.