Deleting your Uber account isn’t as simple as deleting the app on your smartphone. If you want to protect your privacy and remove your credit card information, here’s how.
Uber, with its independent taxi network, has been a pioneer in changing the way many people get around in big cities. But not everyone’s a fan of Uber, especially with some of the questionable practices the company has been alleged to be engaging in. Some are switching to Uber’s main rival, Lyft. And there are many other up-and-coming apps like Uber looking to cash in on the success of ride-sharing while seeking to avoid Uber’s missteps.
If you’re looking to try Lyft or any other Uber alternatives – or just break it off with Uber because you don’t like it or use it much – a question you might be asking is, “How do I delete my Uber account?” The answer is simple:
There are two ways you can cancel your Uber account. The first is to access your settings in the Uber mobile app, go to your privacy preferences, and shut down your account. The second is to visit the Uber website, find the customer service contact form, and use it to ask for your account to be removed.
This article is here to help you out by covering the following topics:
- How to delete an Uber account from the app
- How to delete an Uber account from the web
- How long will it take for my Uber account to be removed?
- Can I get my Uber account back if I change my mind?
- What happens to any unused credits/promotions/rewards on my account when I delete it?
- How do I stop texts and emails from Uber after my account has been deactivated?
Well, let’s get to it!
How to delete your Uber account from the app
- Boot up your mobile device, tap the Uber app to open it, and then log into your account (if you’re not already logged in.
- Tap the three bars in the top-left corner of the main screen on Uber, which makes the main menu appear in a sidebar on the left.
- Once you have Uber’s main menu open, tap Settings.
- On the “Settings” menu, scroll down and tap Privacy Settings.
- Now, tap the red Delete My Account option at the bottom of the next screen. You will be asked to verify your password on the next screen; type it in, and then tap Continue.
- A screen will appear showing your summary as an Uber rider: how many rides you’ve taken, how many cities you’ve visited, and your user rating. If you’re sure that you want to cancel your Uber account, tap Continue (or tap Cancel if you have second thoughts).
If, by some chance, you are unable to get the Uber app to work, there is a way to contact Uber through their home website and get your account closed down. We’ll go over that right now.
How to delete your Uber account from the web
- Open your web browser of choice and navigate to www.uber.com. Then scroll to the bottom of the homepage and click Help to go to Uber’s help section.
(NOTE: It is helpful if you log into your Uber account before going further, which you can do here)
- When you reach the help section, click For Riders, and then click Account and Payment Options.
- Next, find the Delete My Uber Account option and click it.
- At the bottom of the instructions on the next page, click the green Sign In to Get Help button. Then follow the prompts on the next series of pages to identify and log into your account with the email address and password associated with it.
(NOTE: If you signed into your Uber account in step 1, you can skip this step)
- You will be brought back to the account deletion instructions page, but you will see that new options have become available. Start by clicking in the text box labeled “Do You Wish to Delete Your Account?” and type “yes.” Then click one of the check boxes below that to give a general reason why you want to delete your account.
If you wish, you may also click in the text box marked “Other” and type in any additional details about why you want your account deleted. Finish up by clicking the Submit button.
How long will it take for my account to be removed?
Submitting a request to delete your Uber account only deactivates it. Your account will only be permanently deleted 30 days after your request is submitted. Note, however, that Uber may keep some of the information you provided or created when using their service, as required or permitted by law.
Can I get my account back if I change my mind?
Yes, you can recover your Uber account if you have a change of heart… but there’s a time limit on it. You have to log back into your Uber account within 30 days submitting your account deletion request. And you have to do it through the Uber mobile app; logging in through the Uber website just won’t cut it.
If the deadline passes and your account is permanently deleted, you will need to make a new account if you want to use Uber again. That means entering information like your name, address, and credit card number all over again.
(Click here if you need help with that)
What happens to any unused credits/promotions/rewards on my account when I delete it?
When your Uber account is deleted, you will lose any credits, promotions, or rewards attached to it, so make sure to use those up first before you delete your account.
How do I stop texts and emails from Uber after my account has been deactivated?
Even while your account is deactivated, you may still receive emails and text messages from Uber. They may still show you news and promotions in the hopes that these will entice you to use their services again. If you would like to unsubscribe from Uber notifications and email, instructions can be found here.
That’s pretty much everything you need to know about deleting your Uber account! But remember, there are still tons of useful websites and apps like it that can help you get around better, get things done quicker, and more! So be sure to browse the rest of TechBoomers for more ways to use the power of the Internet to improve your quality of life!