Sometimes you’re not happy with a product; it got damaged during shipping or is missing parts. Other times, you just had a bout of impulse shopping and don’t actually want the product or service you purchased. Groupon has clear refund policy that lays out how and when you can return a product for a full refund.
Standard Groupon Refund Policy
Groupon has standard refund policies that depend on the kind of product for which you bought a voucher.
- Local Vouchers – Any unredeemed voucher may be returned for a full refund within three days of purchase. After this time, you may not receive a refund, but the coupon is always valid either for the deal or for the amount you paid for it (should the deal expire).
- Getaways – If you purchase a voucher and the merchant is unable to book the stay you want or before the book-by date, Groupon will refund your purchase. If you don’t book your stay by the book-by date, you will be unable to receive a refund, but the voucher will still be worth the same amount paid for – though it can only be used toward the advertised experience only.
- Goods – Return any item for any reason within 14 days of receipt of purchase, unless otherwise noted in the Fine Print.
- GrouponLive– If you bought tickets to an event, they are non-refundable. However, if the event is cancelled or rescheduled, Groupon will notify you and/or give you a full refund.
Groupon promises to work with the customer if any redeemed voucher is unsatisfactory. For example, if you take a getaway, attend a live event, or use a Groupon voucher before the voucher expires and are not happy with the experience, Groupon promises to try to make it right or refund you.
Groupon also promises to honor any refund requests if a business closes, if an event is cancelled or rescheduled, or if a business refuses to accept the voucher before the expiry date.
Returning a Groupon Voucher
- Go to www.groupon.com in your web browser and log in.
- Select the drop down menu next to your name in the top right corner and select My Groupons.
- This will take you to a page that will show you a list of Groupons you’ve purchased. You can easily click Cancel to cancel the Groupon.
If the Groupon doesn’t show up and it’s supposed to, call or email customer service and have them help you with the issue. For more information on Groupon customer service and how to deal with customer service representatives, check out our next tutorial on Groupon customer service!