How Much do Uber Drivers Make?

On average, Uber drivers earn around $20 per hour.  Uber drivers do not get salary pay; they are paid a percentage of each Uber ride that they fulfill.  They keep 80% of the fare from each ride, while the other 20% goes back to Uber. In the US, the average full-time Uber driver makes about $40,000 per year.

What affects how much money Uber drivers make?

Wages for Uber drivers depend on three main things:

  1. How many Uber rides they complete (as we noted above)

  2. What tier of Uber vehicle they work in (i.e. working in higher tiers means earning higher fares)

  3. How often surge pricing is in effect in their area to increase the cost of fares

However, it’s important to remember that working for Uber comes with several car-related expenses that Uber doesn’t cover, such as fuel, car maintenance, and taxes.  Also, borrowing a smart phone from Uber means having to pay for its data plan.  There are a few exceptions, though; Uber may compensate some of your insurance costs, as well as costs that result from passenger activity (such as requiring you to park somewhere, or damaging or defacing your car).


That’s a bit of information about how much money Uber drivers make!

More Great Related Articles

Add your comments below. We'd love to hear from you!