Are you wanting to log out of FaceTime on your Mac computer, but not entirely sure how to do it? The sign out option can be a little tricky to locate, so today, we’re going to show you how to find it in a quick and easy way. In this article, we’ll cover:
Keep reading to learn how and why you should take the few seconds to sign out of FaceTime when you aren’t using it.
How to log out of FaceTime when using it on a Mac computer
1. Click “FaceTime” from your computer’s program launch pad to start up the app.
Click on the FaceTime icon to launch the program on your computer.
2. Open the “FaceTime” menu at the top left corner of your screen.
At the top of your screen, you’ll see a menu bar. On the left, click FaceTime.
3. Select “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
A drop-down window will appear. Near the top of the menu, select Preferences.
4. A new window will appear on your screen. Click the “Sign Out” button on the right.
From the preferences window, click Sign Out to indicate that you wish to be logged out of your account.
5. Click “Sign Out” once more.
A window will appear asking if you’re sure you want to sign out of FaceTime. To confirm that you do, click Sign Out again.
Why sign out of FaceTime?
- If you use a shared computer – Signing out will prevent others from using your profile without your permission.
- If you lose your device – If your device is lost or stolen, anyone who picks up your device and access it will be able to make and receive calls using your FaceTime profile.
- Stop others from reaching you – If you want to make yourself unavailable on FaceTime and prevent other people from connecting with you or calling you, this is the quickest and best way to do so.
- Save battery life – Signing out will disable your connection to the FaceTime Cloud, which will prevent your device from consistently using a portion of its power connecting to the Cloud, and making you available to other people on the network.
That’s all you need to do to sign out of the FaceTime app on a Mac! Signing out of the program is a good idea if you have a shared computer, and is a good safety practice in general. It prevents anyone else from using your account without your knowledge. We hope this article was helpful for you. If you’d like to learn more, head over to our articles on its privacy and data usage. If you have any questions, feel free to leave us a comment below!