Now that you know a little bit about Ask.fm and how it works, we’re going to outline the pros and cons of Ask.fm to help you decide if it’s a social media website you would like to begin using.
- Socializing through the asking and answering of questions – Ask.fm is built on the idea that the best way to get to know people through social media is by asking them questions, or answering questions they ask you. Try meeting new people by asking questions and learning more about them. And don’t forget to build your profile and increase your followers by answering questions that others ask you.
- Connect to users with similar interests – Add “hashtags” to your profile to find and follow other Ask.fm users who have the same interests as you. Chances are you’ll find something to break the ice with! Check out our tutorial on how to use Ask.fm to learn how you can add hashtags to your profile and start expanding your Ask.fm network.
- Asking questions anonymously – Ask.fm allows its users the ability to ask questions to other users anonymously. Have you ever had a crush on someone, but were too afraid to ask how they felt? Have you ever really wanted to know something, but been too shy to ask? Ask.fm allows you to do these things, and learn as much as you can about others by asking them questions.
- Lack of functions – Though Ask.fm is unique with its question/answer model, it doesn’t offer its users much else to do. There are only minor ways you can update your profile, but the majority of your time will be spent asking and answering questions. If you don’t already have many friends using Ask.fm, it will probably lose its appeal quickly, unless you grow your friend network.
- Beware of anonymous users – Though this was listed as a pro, it can also be a con. Not knowing who asked you questions or who is commenting on your profile can be frustrating. Sometimes, depending on what has been said, it can also be very upsetting. With anonymity, users can sometimes act more negatively and harshly than they would without the ability to hide their identity. Be cautious when using Ask.fm, and report any users who act in suspicious or inappropriate ways.
The Bottom Line: 7/10
Ask.fm has a unique function that was founded based on a question-and-answer model. This can be a really fun way to get to know others and make new friends online. You can easily find others who are interested in the same things you are, and hopefully, make connections based on learning about them through questions.
Ask.fm also allows anonymity for its users by hiding the identity of those who follow you, and those who ask you questions. This can be good for some reasons, but bad and even dangerous for other reasons. Exercising caution when using Ask.fm can lead to a fun and fulfilling social media experience!
That’s our review of Ask.fm! If you like what you’ve read about it, consider reading our next tutorial on how to use Ask.fm, including how you can sign up for a free Ask.fm account. Make sure you’ve first read our article on how to stay safe while using Ask.fm.