To buy from AliExpress, just log into your account at www.aliexpress.com, find some items that you want to buy and add them to your shopping cart, check out by selecting your shipping and payment options, track the delivery, and then confirm that your order made it to you (and in good condition) when it arrives.
Just a heads-up that some of the services we’re reviewing here have affiliate partnerships with us, so we may earn a commission if you visit one of them and buy something. You can read more about how this works at https://techboomers.com/how-to-support-techboomers.
This tutorial will cover the process from picking something out to making sure that it arrives safely at your door. Note that we’ll be covering the processes of entering your shipping and billing information. If you’ve done that already (say, from having made a purchase on AliExpress before), you can skip those steps.
To shop on AliExpress:
- Open your web browser and go to www.aliexpress.com. In the upper-right corner, click Sign In.
- Click in the box labelled “Account” and type in the email address that you used to sign up for AliExpress. Then, click in the box labelled “Password” and type in the password that you picked to protect your AliExpress account. Then, click in the box labelled “Verification Code” and type the distorted letters that you see to the right of it (they aren’t case-sensitive). When you’re finished, click Sign In.
- Now that you’re signed into AliExpress, it’s time to find something to buy. Let’s say that we’re looking for a new pair of running shoes, either for ourselves or as a gift for a sports lover in our life.
Move your mouse cursor into the category menu on the left, and pick Sports & Outdoors. This will open another box with further options; click Running Shoes.
- Scroll down the screen until you find an item that you like. When you do, click on its name to go to its information page.
- Once you’re on the item’s information page, read its specifications carefully, including buyer feedback and seller stipulations. If you decide that you want this item, use the options near the top-left portion of the page to select any applicable options (size, colour, quantity, etc.). Then, click Buy Now if this is the only item that you want to buy right now, or click Add to Cart to add this item to your virtual shopping cart and keep looking for more things to buy.
(NOTE: if you choose to simply add an item to your cart and continue shopping, repeat steps 3 through 5 to add more items. To check out, click Cart in the main menu near the top of the screen, and then click Buy All.)
- Once you decide to check out, you will need to input your shipping information and confirm your shipping options. Let’s get your shipping information set up first.
Below where it says “Please Fill In Your Shipping Information”, click in each of the boxes and drop-down menus highlighted in the screenshot above and type in or select:
– A name that someone can use to identify you when contacting you
– The country or region in which you live
– Your street address (your unit address is optional)
– The city in which you live
– The state, province, or region in which you live
– Your mailing code
– Your telephone number OR mobile phone number (one or the other)
When you’re finished, click Save and Ship To This Address.
- Now, you’ll need to confirm shipping options for each of the items in your order.
Beside the quantity box for each item, you can click the drop-down menu to display your shipping options (and the cost of each of them). Click the button beside the option that you want, and then click OK.
Also, you can click the check boxes beside “Apply AliExpress Coupon” and/or “Apply Seller Coupon” and select a coupon to decrease the price of your order; click Apply if necessary (see our AliExpress Coupons article for more information). When you’re ready to move on, click Place Order.
- Next, you need to enter your billing details in order to pay for your items.
(Image source: AliExpress)
Start by clicking the button beside the payment method that you wish to use; we’ll assume that you want to pay with a credit card. To the right, click in each of the boxes highlighted in the screenshot above and type in:
– Your first name
– Your last name
– Your credit card number
– The month that your credit card expires
– The year that your credit card expires
– Your credit card’s security code
When you’ve entered all of your information, click Pay My Order.
How to confirm delivery of your AliExpress order
- When you pay for your order, your payment will be held within AliExpress’s secure “Escrow” system. It will not be released to the seller until you have received your order and deemed it satisfactory.
If you have done so, you can begin the process of confirming your order by going to www.aliexpress.com and logging in. To confirm that you have received your order, move your mouse cursor over your name in the upper-right corner and click My Orders, and then in the table that appears, click Awaiting Delivery.
- Find the order that you wish to confirm in the list, and click Confirm Order Received beside it.
(Image source: AliExpress)
- Click Submit if you are sure that you want to confirm delivery of your order. Remember that you can no longer open a dispute against the seller over this order if you do this.
(Image source: AliExpress)
That’s a start-to-finish guide on how to buy from AliExpress!