Uber is one of the world’s largest and most popular independent taxi services. In many ways, Uber has been a pioneer in changing the way the taxi industry operates and serves its customers. But what do you do when you have an issue with one of your rides? How can you contact Uber customer service to resolve the issues you have? In this tutorial we’ll explain exactly how to resolve your Uber problems, and show you how to contact Uber.
Uber has many functions online and in the app to allow you to report a problem that you had with a specific ride, which should solve most of your issues. But if you actually want to get into contact with Uber’s customer service department, the process is not simple. Uber wants you to use the app and website to report any issues, rather than contacting them directly. And there is no publicly-available Uber customer service phone number. However, there is a way to get in touch with Uber support.
To contact Uber customer service:
- Visit your preferred search engine.
- Search “Uber customer service”
- Click the page titled Contact Us | Uber
- Answer Yes or No to indicate if you have a trip issue, an account issue, or a payment issue
- Type the details of your query into the highlighted box
- Enter your email address
- Click Submit
This is the only way you can access the online contact form for Uber, as their website currently does not allow users to navigate there through their Help section. For more detail on how to send a contact form to Uber, or for instructions on how to report an issue using your Uber app, check out our detailed instructions below.
Detailed instructions for how to contact Uber customer service
1. Use a search engine to find Uber’s customer service contact page
Go to your favorite search engine, click in the search box, and type the phrase “Uber Customer Service”. Then, press the "Enter" key.
Click on the page titled Contact Us | Uber. Note that Uber does not allow a user to navigate to this page through their website. They encourage you to use the app or help.uber.com to report any issues.
You have now accessed the Uber customer help contact form.
2. Answer three "yes or no" questions to identify your issue with Uber
On this page, Uber will ask you three "yes or no" questions to try to sort out your query. Click in each of the three boxes highlighted below and type "Yes" or "No" in answer to the following questions:
- Did you have an issue with a trip?
- Are you experiencing an account issue?
- Are you having an issue with payment?
3. Explain what your issue or question is, and what you need assistance with
Click in the highlighted box titled "Share Details", and use your keyboard to type a message to Uber’s customer service team. Try to be as specific as possible to ensure that Uber can solve your issues as quickly and thoroughly as possible.
4. Enter your email address
Click in the highlighted box and enter your email address. This is how Uber will know where to respond to your issue or question.
5. Confirm or change your current location
Your location should automatically appear, but if it does not or it is inaccurate, click on the country shown to open a drop-down menu, and select your country.
6. Review and submit the contact form
Review the information that you have written, and click Submit to send your contact form to Uber’s customer service team. They should respond to your concerns promptly by email, so check your email periodically for updates.
Other ways to report problems with Uber
- Visit www.uber.com and click Help in the top-right corner of the banner across the top of the screen, or go directly to www.help.uber.com.
- Click the green Sign In button to sign in to your Uber account.
Sign in using the email address and password for your Uber account, or through Facebook.
- From here, you can report a variety of issues, including incorrect billing, lost items, a problem that you had with a ride, and more. Uber will automatically show you your last ride at the top of the screen. Try looking through the most commonly-used options and click on one that matches your needs. Or, you can click More to see more options.
You can also click on the drop-down menu next to the date to view your other rides, starting with the most recent; click on one to select it. Make sure you have chosen the correct ride to report your issue.
- Once you have selected an issue, Uber will either inform you about what action to take, or provide you with a contact form specific to your problem. When filling out forms, make sure to include information in every box to ensure that Uber can help solve your problem.
Always click the green Submit button when you are finished. Check your email for updates, as this is how Uber will contact you.
You can also click in the box titled "Share Additional Details" and type in more information about your problem. Write as much as you can to help Uber understand your problem. The better you explain the issue, the easier it is for Uber to help solve your problem.
- In addition to being able to report an issue, www.help.uber.com has a guide to many frequently-asked questions or issues that passengers experience. Try browsing through a guide and looking for an answer to your question before contacting Uber. Chances are good that Uber has already answered it!
Try clicking on any article to learn about that topic. You can also always search for something specific by clicking the search bar at the top of the page, typing a key word or phrase such as “lost items,” and pressing the "Enter" key on your keyboard.
Using the Uber app
Using the Uber app to report an issue is very similar to using www.help.uber.com. It uses the same platform to allow you to browse through the Help Guide, and to report an issue directly from your app. There are only a few minor differences between the Uber website and the Uber app when it comes to reporting a problem with Uber.
- Always begin by opening your Uber app. The app will sign you in automatically, so there is no need to log in.
- Press the Uber menu button (the three horizontal bars), and select Help.
- Here, you will see your most recent trip at the top. Tap Report an issue with this trip.
- If your issue is with another trip and not your most recent one, scroll down to the next box titled “Report an Issue”. Tap on the category that most closely applies to your problem with Uber.
- After selecting the issue, you will need to select a ride that the issue applies to. Do this by tapping on the image of the ride you want to report.
- From there, tap on the issue you wish to report.
- Depending on the issue, you will either be taken directly to a contact form, or will continue seeing more options to narrow down your issue. Select options by tapping on them until you have reached a contact form that is specific to your issue.
As you would with Uber’s website, enter as much information as you can about the issue, and provide any details the contact form asks you for. Tap on each highlighted box and use your device's (virtual) keyboard to type in the details. Make sure you explain your issue as best you can in the free-form "Share Additional Details" box. Once you have filled out the form, click Submit.
Those are some of the ways you can get help from Uber. For help with a specific issue, try looking at our Uber course to find solutions to each of your Uber problems.