When you sign up for Match.com, they will walk you through the process of creating your own profile, so you can let people know a little bit about what you look like, who you are, and what you’re looking for in a date or partner. This will help other people know that if you come up in one of their searches, they’ll know that you’re someone they might be interested in!
This is a bit of a drawn-out process because there are a lot of dimensions to cover, but bear with us!
Creating your Match.com profile
After signing up for Match, you’ll see a screen like the one below. You can click Upload Photos in the top-right corner at any time during this process to upload a photo of yourself. Click Upload File from Computer to open a window that lets you browse through your computer’s files. Find the photo of yourself that you want people to see, click to select it, and then click Open.
Then, use the drop-down menus, buttons, and check boxes in the main part of the screen to set up information for your profile. When you’re done, click Keep Going in the bottom-right corner (it says Start Matching here because it’s the first page.
Match will now start asking you questions about the types of people that you would like to be matched with, including their:
– hair color, eye color, body type, height, and weight
– education and languages
– ethnicity and religious beliefs
– status regarding relationships and children
– salary and alcohol/smoking habits
For questions with check boxes, you can choose more than one answer; click More beside these questions to see more options. Most questions will also have a “No Preference” option if you feel it isn’t that important to you. Conversely, some questions will have a “Deal Breaker” box that you can check if that attribute is important to you and you want Match to follow it more strictly when selecting matches. And you can always click Go Back if you change your mind and want to adjust some of your answers.
Eventually, Match will begin asking you questions about yourself, including your:
– hair color, eye color, body type, and height
– relationship status, children status, religious beliefs, and general political views
– education level, occupation, and salary, as well as the city or town you grew up in
– smoking, alcohol, and exercise habits
– languages and ethnicity
– favorite local venues and pets owned or liked
– likes, hobbies, and things you’ve read recently
– short biography of who you are and what you’re looking for in a match
You can leave some of the questions as “No Answer”, or leave them blank if they’re marked as optional, if you don’t feel like sharing that information. Remember, though, the more information you provide, the easier it will be for Match to find people you might really hit it off with!
- When you’re done setting up your profile, Match will send you a preliminary list of matches. Click on each of them to check or uncheck them (depending on who you like), and then click Keep Going. This will help it have a little better of an idea of who you’re looking for. You can also click Skip if you don’t want to look at any matches right now.
Congrats! Your Match.com profile has been created!