Now that you know all about what TripAdvisor is and how it works, and have read our review of TripAdvisor to determine how useful it will be for you, you probably want to sign up for a free TripAdvisor account! In this article, we’ll explain exactly how to do that with step-by-step instructions.
You should note that anyone can use some components of TripAdvisor for free without actually signing up and creating an account. However, by signing up, you gain access to the following added features:
- Add your own travel reviews and photographs to help other users
- Book with TripAdvisor and view your booking information
- Send and receive messages from other users
- Update your profile to let TripAdvisor make suggestions for you
- Save trips to keep track of the places you’ve been
- Create a travel map of all the places you’ve been
- Receive notifications of activity on your account
- Collect badges as you contribute to the website
To sign up for TripAdvisor:
- Open your web browser and go to www.tripadvisor.com.
- Click Join at the top-right of TripAdvisor menu on the home page.
- Choose how you would like to sign up from Facebook, Google, or Email by clicking one of the boxes.
- If using email, enter your email address, choose a password, and click Join.
You are now signed up for TripAdvisor, and have created an account. If you had trouble following that short list of steps, check out our detailed set of instructions (with pictures) below:
Detailed instructions on how to create a TripAdvisor account
1. Open your web browser of choice and enter www.tripadvisor.com in the address bar.
Choose whichever web browser you most like to use!
2. Locate and click the button for to creating an account.
At the top of its home page, there is a menu from which you can select a few options. Click Join near the top-right of the page to start creating an account.
3. Choose how you would like to sign up for TripAdvisor.
TripAdvisor gives you the option of signing up with your email address, your Facebook account, or your Google account. Click on any one of the highlighted boxes to choose an option. In the future, you will sign in this way, so be sure to choose whichever option will be the most convenient to you.
4. Enter your email address, and choose a password for your account.
If you have chosen to you Facebook or Google to join TripAdvisor, you will be taken to a page to sign in to this account (unless you have chosen to always stay signed in to these accounts). Follow any instructions needed until you return to the TripAdvisor website.
If you choose to use your email, you will need to enter your email address, and then choose a password for your account.
5. Confirm your new account on TripAdvisor.
Click the green Join button to confirm that you would like to create an account. TripAdvisor.com will send you an email to confirm that you have signed up for TripAdvisor.
And that’s how you create a TripAdvisor account! Consider reading our next tutorial on how to use TripAdvisor, to learn how you can make the most of your new TripAdvisor profile.