If you’re a Weebly.com user, and have decided that it is not fulfilling your wishes of creating your own custom website, you may be thinking it’s time to move on. There are also many competitors to Weebly out there like Wix.com and Jimdo.com that may have something to offer you, but whatever your reason, if you wish to wave goodbye to your Weebly account, here's what you need to do.
That's all there is to it! Weebly will take care of the back-end work for you. Just in case, though, here's a little more detail concerning how the main process works.
1. Go to www.weebly.com in your web browser and click Log In in the top-right corner.
2. If you signed up for Weebly using your Facebook or Google account, you can click one of the two buttons on the left to log into Weebly with your respective account. (You can skip the rest of this step).
Otherwise, click in the box labelled "Email" and type in the email address that you used to sign up for Weebly. Then, click in the box labelled "Password" and type in the password that you chose to protect your Weebly account with. You may also want to click the check box labelled "Remember Me" to unmark it if you are using a computer that someone else may use, just so they don't get easy access to your account credentials. Then click Log In.
3. Once you're on the dashboard for your website, click on your name in the top-right corner, and then click Account in the menu that drops down.
4. Once you're in the menu for your account settings on Weebly, under your basic profile information, click Permanently Delete Your Weebly Account.
5. A window will pop up asking if you are sure that you want to delete your Weebly account.
If you want, you can click in the box labelled "How Can We Improve?" and type in some suggestions for how Weebly could be more user-friendly in the future. You can also click the check box labelled "Notify Me of Future Improvements" to unmark it if you don't want any emails from Weebly in the future. Then click Confirm to cancel your Weebly account.
Deleting a Weebly account is not quite as simple as deleting most other accounts you have with other popular websites. Here is our list of a few tips if you’re planning on deleting your account, and some things we think you need to know:
Remember, once you delete your Weebly account, all websites and other content associated with your account on Weebly will be permanently gone, including any websites that you have published! But if you're okay with that, then this wraps up our lesson on how to delete your Weebly account! Good luck with another website like Weebly such as Wix.com or Jimdo.com, should you choose to use one, and if you need help finding the best website for you, check out our article on the best sites like Weebly.
Learn how to use
Was something in this tutorial missing, confusing, or out of date? Or did it give you all the information you needed, and you just want to say "thanks"? We'd love to hear what you thought!