Has there been an emergency or other change of plans, and now you can't make a flight that you booked on Expedia? Need to cancel that flight, or at least reschedule it? Cancelling and changing flights can be a tricky process whether you booked travel on Expedia.com, or one of its popular competitors. But don't worry, read on to find out how to do it.
To cancel a flight on Expedia
There are two main ways to cancel a flight with Expedia. The first is by logging into your Expedia account and selecting your itinerary. Then click Cancel Flight.
The other way is by calling Expedia customer support at 1-866-310-5768 (inside the U.S.) or 1-404-728-8787 (international).
A couple of notes about cancelling your flight on Expedia:
- If you booked it within the last 24 hours, you may be able to get a full refund.
- Some flights cannot be refunded, as per the rules and regulations of Expedia or the airline.
- Certain non-refundable flights may still be refunded with credit for the same airline.
- Certain airlines must be contacted directly in order to cancel a flight.
See our Expedia Cancellation Policy tutorial for more information.
To change a flight on Expedia
If you need to change a flight after you've already booked it with Expedia, you'll have to call their customer support team at 1-866-310-5768 (inside the U.S.) or 1-404-728-8787 (international).
A couple of things to note about changing your flight with Expedia:
- Your new flight must be for the same (primary) passenger(s) and on the same airline.
- If your new flight costs more than your old one, you will have to pay the difference.
- You may also have to pay a rebooking fee, as per the airline's rules and regulations.
- Certain airlines must be contacted directly in order to change a flight.
Be sure to check out our tutorial on how to contact Expedia Customer Service tutorial for more information.