Feel like sailing the ocean blue on your next getaway? Expedia can help you get seaworthy quickly.
- You can pick your cruise based on whether you want a no-expenses-spared getaway, a relaxing stroll down a river, or just something that a lot of other people have enjoyed.
- You can choose where your cruise leaves from and where it goes. You’ll find popular destinations like Mexico, the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Alaska here.
- You can choose when your cruise leaves, and how long it will last.
- You can choose which cruise line you want to sail with. Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Disney Cruises… most of the major cruise lines are on board with Expedia!
- You can pick what type of cabin you want, if you want to watch the ocean pass by as you sail, or don’t mind having to get out and about to enjoy the view.
To use the Expedia website to book a cruise:
- Go to www.expedia.com in your web browser and click Cruises in the menu across the top.
- The window on the left side of the screen will help you get set up. First, click one of the buttons near the top to select what type of cruise you want to search for. Then, click each of the drop-down menus below that and select your destination, departure month, cruise line, cruise length, departure port, and any applicable discounts.
You can also click the check boxes at the bottom if any apply to you; they may end up getting you additional discounts, but you may need to provide some sort of proof. When you have entered all of your information, click Search to continue.
- When you get to the search results menu, you can click the drop-down menu in the top-right corner to sort your results by:- How popular the cruise is
– How expensive the cruise is
– When the cruise departs
– How long the cruise is (in days)
– Cruise Line (alphabetical order)You can also click the drop-down menus on the left side of the screen to see options for filtering your search results by:
– Where the cruise is going
– What month the cruise departs
– Cruise line
– How long the cruise is (in days)
– Where the cruise departs from
– A specific cruise ship
– Where else the cruise is stopping
- Click the buttons or check boxes in the windows that pop up to make your choices, and then click Update Results to see what cruises match your new criteria.You can also click Clear Selections to remove all of your filters.
- When you see a cruise that you like, click on its title description. This will open up additional information about the dates it departs, where it stops, room rates, etc.Click on Select Date beside the date you want to leave on the cruise to start the booking process.
- The first thing you will need to do to book your cruise is decide what type of cabin you want. Click the two buttons at the top of the main window to switch between Oceanview and Balcony cabins. (There may be other options, depending on the cruise line.) Scroll down to see information about the cabins being offered, including their features and available rates. When you see a good rate for a cabin that you like, click Select Cabin Type beside it.
- You will now have to tell Expedia how many people will be staying in each cabin. Click the drop-down boxes labelled “Ages 21 and Up” and “Ages 0-20” and select how many adults and children, respectively, will be going on the cruise together. Then click See Cabins.
- Now, you will have to select the specific cabin that you want. The picture on the right side of the screen shows the layout of the ship and where each specific cabin on that deck is located.In the left side of the screen, click Select Cabin beside the cabin number that you want. If it says “Guaranteed Cabin”, you are guaranteed a cabin of this type, but the specific number will be assigned to you when you check into the ship.
- Now, you will have to enter some general booking and billing information. We’ll split it into two parts for you; let’s start with the general information. Click in each of the boxes shown and type in or select your title, first name, last name, country of residence, date of birth (month, day, and year), gender, email address, and phone number. Also select when you plan to eat dinner and how many other people you want at your table.
- Now, let’s move on to your billing information. Click in the boxes shown and type in your debit/credit card number, type, expiration date, ID number (click the blue “?” for help finding it), and your name as it appears on your card. Then, type in or select your country of residence, street address, city, region, and mailing code.
- When you’re all done, it might not be a bad idea to read some of the legal stuff by clicking the links in blue in the screenshot below, in order to double-check what you’re getting into.When you’re really ready, click Complete Booking.
Congratulations on booking a cruise through Expedia! Bon voyage!
What are Expedia Cruise Ship Centers?
Expedia Cruise Ship Centers is a branch company of Expedia that specializes in putting together cruise packages for you. It’s good if you want a much more detailed breakdown of everything you’re getting when you book a cruise, but other than that, the booking process is pretty much the same as it is on Expedia’s main website.
You can check it out by typing www.cruiseshipcenters.com into your web browser (or just clicking the blue link we’ve given you here).