Since Groupon is less of a social media site and more for online shopping, there aren’t many account settings to toy around with. However, it’s always a good idea to know how to change your Groupon email address, password, and credit card information.
How to Change your Groupon Settings
- Go to www.groupon.com in your web browser and log in.
- When you get back to Groupon’s home page, click your name in the top right corner and a drop down menu will appear. Select My Groupons.
- This will take you to your settings page, the first being you’re My Groupons page. As mentioned briefly in our tutorial on “Groupon Refunds”, this page will show you all the expired Groupons, credit vouchers and Groupons you’ve purchased or redeemed.Tabs at the top allow you to navigate your settings quickly and easily. There are My Reservations, My Gifts, My Account, and My Profile. “My Reservations” shows Groupons that need an appointment, such as restaurants and spas, and your reservations will appear there. “My Gifts” shows the gifts you’ve given via Groupon.Select My Account.
- There are tabs here that let you change different types of settings in Groupon:Account – Change all your basic information: name, email and password.Credit Cards – Change your credit card information here. To access this, Groupon will send you a verification email just to make sure it’s you!Groupon Bucks – Currency that is good only on Groupon. Learn how to earn Groupon Bucks in our Groupon Bucks tutorial.
Let’s look at the Account tab for now (i.e. click it). From here you can change your name, email address, or password easily. When you’re done making any changes that you want to, click Save Changes.
- When you select My Profile, you’ll see a page similar to what you did while signing up. This page allows you to change your address and your preferences so that Groupon can tailor deals closer to you and your interests.
For example, click the drop-down menu under “A Few Basics about You” to select if you want to see more deals geared towards men, women, or both. Or, click the heart buttons underneath “Deal Preferences” to ask to see more deals based on a particular theme.
You can also get more deals from stores close to you by telling Groupon about places you frequent. Click in the text box underneath “Where Do You Want Your Deals?” and type in an address. Then click the drop-down menu beside it and select what that place is to you (e.g. home, work, or a favorite hangout spot). Finally, click Add. You can also get rid of any address you’ve already added by clicking Delete beside it.
Those are a few of the major settings that you can change in Groupon!