Are you having a problem with using a part of Craigslist, or see something sketchy on Craigslist that you feel you should report? The easiest way to get in touch with Craigslist is by filling out a contact form on their website.
To contact Craigslist customer service:
- Go to www.craigslist.org in your web browser (which will take you to the sub-site for your local area or city). Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Help.
- Scroll to the “Miscellaneous” section at the bottom of the screen, and click Contact Us.
- To help Craigslist more easily categorize and understand your issue, you must choose a reason why you want to contact them. Some options (such as the one in this example) have sub-issues that you can select, which will prompt Craigslist to give you suggestions on how to fix them (or at least where to look for help).
If you still need help and need to contact Craigslist directly, click Contact Us.
- A contact form will appear, allowing you to submit your inquiry to Craigslist.
Click in each of the text boxes here (from top to bottom) and type in:
— Your name
— Your (Craigslist account) email address
— The specific topic that you want Craigslist to address
— Details explaining the specific issue that you are having
NOTE: For some options, you may have to input additional information, such as ID numbers for specific advertisements posted on Craigslist.
When you’re done, click Send Message.
Watch your email for a response, and work it out from there! If this method doesn’t work out for you, there are other ways to get in touch with Craigslist. Here are a couple other methods you can try.
Other ways to contact Craigslist
While the on-site contact forms are the preferred way to get in contact with Craigslist, there are other avenues that you can try.
How to email Craigslist
You may be able to reach Craigslist customer service by sending an email to email@example.com.
Craigslist phone number
Craigslist’s customer service department can be reached by phone, toll-free, at 800-664-0633.
Now that we’ve told you about all the ways you can contact Craigslist customer support, here are a few tips that may help you out as well.
5 helpful tips for contacting Craigslist
1. Try getting in touch with the seller/poster of the ad first.
If you’re having an issue with something you purchased from Craigslist, try getting in touch with the person who sold it to you before you contact Craigslist directly. See if you can come to an agreement or work things out with the seller first.
2. Be patient while trying to get your problem solved.
Millions of people use Craigslist, and tons of people have questions just like you – so it can take a while to hear back from their customer service team. Try your best to be patient when waiting for a response from them, and look into other ways you may be able to solve the issue yourself if it’s taking too long to hear from them.
3. Check out the Craigslist “help desk” forums for answers.
If you’re having an issue with Craigslist, it’s possible that another user has had the same issue before and may be able to help you solve it. Check out the help desk forums on Craigslist to read questions and replies other people have posted, or ask a question yourself if you can’t find the answer there already.
4. Look through the FAQ section.
Going along with our last tip, we’d recommend checking out the Craigslist FAQ (frequently asked questions) section to see if you can find information that could help you solve your issue. You can find the FAQ page for Craigslist here.
5. Contact your local authorities if necessary, and you can’t get a solution to your issue.
If the issue you’re having with Craigslist escalates to being a serious problem, don’t hesitate to contact your local authorities. The police may be able to help if you’ve been scammed or if someone is harassing you through Craigslist.
We hope that you’re able to get in touch with Craigslist and resolve your problem! If you feel like the site just isn’t for you anymore, check out some of our favorite Craigslist alternatives that might focus more on customer service. In our next article, we’ll tell you about many common scams that occur on Craigslist, for both buyers and sellers, and how you can avoid falling victim to them.