Congrats! You now know what WeChat is, and you’ve downloaded and installed the app, you are ready to create your own WeChat account. In this tutorial, we’ll explain the process step-by-step, so you can create a new account today, and start messaging in just a few minutes!
To create a WeChat account:
- Tap the WeChat icon to launch the app.
- Tap Sign Up.
- Tap in the box labelled “Full Name” and enter your name.
- Tap in the box labelled “Phone Number” and enter your mobile number.
- Tap in the box labelled “Password” and create a password.
- Tap Sign Up.
- Wait for WeChat to confirm your phone number by SMS message, which will happen automatically.
If that was a little too fast for you and you need a bit more instruction, check out our step-by-step instructions below (with pictures) so you don’t miss a beat!
Detailed instructions for how to create a WeChat account
1. Launch the WeChat app and indicate you want to create an account.
Launch the app by tapping the WeChat icon on your home screen. When it opens, tap the white Sign Up button in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
2. Enter your personal information including name and phone number, and create a secure password for your account.
In the labelled boxes, enter the information required. Tap the “Full Name” box and enter your name, and tap the “Phone Number” box to enter your mobile phone number. Then tap the “Password” box to create a password for your account.
3. Tap the green Sign Up button.
When you’re finished and have double-checked that all your information is correct, tap the green Sign Up button at the bottom of the screen.
4. Wait for WeChat to send you an SMS message to verify your phone number.
WeChat will send a text message to your mobile phone now, verifying the number you entered was correct. This process will happen automatically, as WeChat can detect if you received the message on your device. The process should take less than a minute, so if it takes longer, check the number you entered again.
And that’s how you create a new WeChat account! Check out our next tutorial on how to use WeChat, so you can become a WeChat pro today!