Having too many social media accounts at once can sometimes be taxing. After using Ask.fm for a while, you might be realizing that you’re tired of the constant questions, or not knowing who is talking to you. If you’ve had enough of Ask.fm, you might be considering removing your profile and permanently deleting your account. We can lay it out for you here in 5 easy steps:
To delete an Ask.fm account:
- Log into your Ask.fm account.
- Click the gear icon, and then click Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Click the Account tab on the top-right of the settings menu.
- Click Deactivate Account, the second option on the new page.
- Enter your password and click the Deactivate Account button.
Need a bit more detail? Check out our step-by-step instructions (with pictures) below.
Detailed instructions on how to delete an Ask.fm account
1. Open your web browser and log in to your account
To deactivate your account, you will still need to log into it one more time!
2. Access your Ask.fm settings.
Click on the gear icon in the top-right corner of the webpage. Then, click Settings from the drop-down menu that appears beneath the gear icon.
3. Select your account settings, and choose to deactivate your account.
Click on the Account tab on the top-right portion of the Ask.fm settings menu. Then click the second option that appears on the new menu, Deactivate account.
4. Enter the password you chose to protect your account.
Click in the box labelled "Password" that appears, and use your keyboard to type your password.
5. Click "Deactivate Account" to permanently delete your Ask.fm account.
Click the Deactivate Account button at the bottom of the page to permanently delete your account.
No notification or confirmation will appear on the page; you will simply be taken back to the main Ask.fm page. Ask.fm actually saves all of your profile information, so if you decide you would like to start using Ask.fm in the future, all you need to do is log in with your same username and password. However, while your account is deactivated, no other users will be able to view your profile, or interact with you in any way.
If you aren’t happy with Ask.fm and have chosen to delete your account, you might want to consider another social media option. Check out our courses on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn for more information. Hopefully, they'll help you decide which social media website will be the right choice for you!