Don't need a pin or a board on Pinterest.com anymore? Maybe a pin doesn't work anymore, or you don't like it, or you don't feel that it fits with the theme of your board. Or maybe you made a board for a specific purpose (like planning some sort of event), and now that it has served its role, it's just taking up space. Whatever the reason, here's how to delete a pin or board on Pinterest.
1.Go to Pinterest.com and log in.
2. Click your name to view your page on Pinterest.
3. Click Boards, then click the board that you want to remove a pin from (but NOT the Edit button).
4. Click on the edit button ( ) in the top-right corner of the pin you want removed.
5. Click Delete Pin (and confirm).
6. Repeat steps 1 through 3 in the above section (if necessary) to get to the board that you want to delete pins from. Then start by clicking Move Pins.
7. Now, clicking on one of your pins will select or deselect it; you can tell by whether or not the checkmark in the top-right corner of the pin is highlighted in red or not. Select which pins you wish to delete, and then click Delete. (You will need to confirm that you wish to do this).
1. View the Boards section of your personal page, and click Edit below the board that you want deleted.
2. In the bottom-left corner, click Delete Board (and confirm).
3. You can also delete the board by clicking on it to open it, and clicking Edit Board.
4. From here, the process is the same as step 2 in this section.
Remember that deleting a board will also delete all pins on it, and -- as Pinterest tells you -- you can't recover a pin or board once you delete it. So think carefully before you decide that you really want to delete a pin or board!
Note, however, that if anyone "re-pins" a pin that you created from a website or a file on your computer, deleting your copy of it won't delete anyone else's copy. The same is true if you choose to delete your copy of a pin that was "re-pinned" from somewhere else on Pinterest. This means that if you want to re-create one of these pins, all you may have to do is just find it again and "Pin It"!
Anyway, those are some different ways of deleting your pins or boards on Pinterest, if you so choose! To learn more about Pinterest boards and using Pinterest, be sure to check out our step-by-step tutorials on how to use Pinterest boards and how to pin on Pinterest.
TechBoomers offers free articles that teach people how to use technology to make their lives easier (and more fun!). To support our work, some of our content contains links to websites that pay us affiliate commissions when our users visit them through us and make purchases. Learn more about how this works.
Learn how to use
Was something in this tutorial missing, confusing, or out of date? Or did it give you all the information you needed, and you just want to say "thanks"? We'd love to hear what you thought!