Now that we’ve shared how Snapchat works, you’re probably ready to get started using the app. The first step to that of course is to download and install Snapchat on your mobile device or tablet. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps of how to download and install Snapchat.
To download and install Snapchat:
- Open up the app store on your mobile device or tablet.
- In the search box, type in “Snapchat” and tap the logo when it appears.
- Tap Install to start downloading Snapchat.
- Tap Accept to allow the app to access your camera and other aspects of your device Snapchat needs to function.
- Tap Open to launch the app.
Those were the super quick instructions of how to download and install Snapchat on your device. If you’d like a little more guidance, check out our detailed step-by-step instructions with pictures below.
Detailed instructions for how to download and install Snapchat
1. Tap the “Play Store” to launch it.
On iOS devices, it will be called the “App Store” instead.
2. Tap the search box, type in “Snapchat,” and select the suggestion with the Snapchat logo.
If you’re using an iOS device, an option with a logo might not appear. That’s okay; just search for “Snapchat” and you should find the application by its trademark ghost logo, as seen here.
3. Tap Install.
If you’re using an iOS device, you may need to tap Get first, and then Install.
4. Tap Accept to let Snapchat access areas of your device that it may need to function.
If you’re using an iOS device, you may be asked to log into your Apple account. If you don’t have one, click this link and follow the instructions in order to set one up.
5. When Snapchat finishes downloading and installing, tap Open to launch it.
This will start the Snapchat app, where you can create your own account. We can teach you all about how to do this in our next tutorial that outlines how to create a Snapchat account.
Those are all the steps to downloading and installing Snapchat! Now that you’ve installed the app on your device, have a look at our next tutorial, which explains how to learn how to sign up for a account, and how to use the app’s basic features.