Want to use FaceTime to call and video chat with your family and friends, but not exactly sure how to get started? Not to worry, we can help you. In this tutorial, we’ll walk you through the steps of setting up the app on your iOS device.
How to set up FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
1. Open the settings on your device.
Tap the silver gear icon on your home screen to access your settings.
2. Scroll down, and tap FaceTime.
Slide your finger upwards across the screen to scroll down. When you see the FaceTime category appear, tap on it.
3. Move the toggle over to enable FaceTime on your device.
Slide the toggle to the right to turn it on. When the slider turns green, it has been enabled.
4. Tap Use Your Apple ID for FaceTime, and sign in to your Apple account.
Log in to your Apple ID account using your email address and password.
5. Select which email address(es) associated with your Apple ID you want to use for FaceTime.
Select which address you want people to be able to call you at, and which one you’d like to show up as your caller ID when you call someone. When a check mark appears beside an address or phone number, you’ve selected it. Tap on an already-checked address to deselect it.
That’s it! Now you’re all set to begin using FaceTime. In our next tutorial, we’ll show you how to make voice and video calls. Check out the rest of our FaceTime course to learn more. If you have any questions, leave us a comment below!