If you’ve decided to see where Airbnb can take you on your next trip, the first thing you’ll need to do is sign up for an account.
Just a heads-up that some of the services we’re reviewing here have affiliate partnerships with us, so we may earn a commission if you visit one of them and buy something. You can read more about how this works at https://techboomers.com/how-to-support-techboomers.
To do so:
- Go to www.airbnb.com in your web browser. Then click Sign Up in the top-right corner.
- You’ll be given the choice to sign up with a social media account (such as Facebook or Google Plus) or by email. Let’s assume, for the purpose of this tutorial, that you don’t have a social media account. In that case, click Sign Up with Email.
- Click in each of the text boxes highlighted in the screenshot below and type in, respectively:
– Your first name
– Your last name
– Your email address
– A password to use (it will appear as little bullet points so nobody snoops it)
– A copy of your password (it will appear as little bullet points so nobody snoops it)
You can also click the check box highlighted in the screenshot below to opt out of receiving news emails from Airbnb.
When you’re ready, click Sign Up.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email. Go to your email client and log into it, open the email, and click Confirm Email.
Doing so will take you back to your main screen on Airbnb. Congratulations! You’re ready to rent!