To sign up for HomeAway:
- Open your web browser and visit www.homeaway.com.
- Click Login in the top-right corner, and then click Traveler Login.
- Next to “Need an Account?” click Sign Up.
- Clicking the highlighted boxes, fill in your first name, last name, and email address, and create a password.
- Click the orange Sign Me Up button.
Do you need a little more detail? Check out our step-by-step instructions (with pictures) on how to sign up below.
Step-by-step instructions of how to sign up for HomeAway
1. Open your browser and visit HomeAway’s website
Open your web browser and go to www.homeaway.com.
2. Find the web page that allows you to sign up for an account
Click the Login button in the top-right corner of the web page. When the drop-down menu pops up, click on Traveler Login. On the next page, click Sign Up.
3. Enter your personal information and confirm your sign up
Clicking in the highlighted boxes, enter your first name, last name, and email address. Then, choose a password to protect your account with. Then click on the orange Sign Me Up button.
4. Log in to your email to verify your email address and activate your account
Once you have signed up, HomeAway will send you an email to the email address you entered. Go to your email client, open the email from firstname.lastname@example.org, and click the orange Activate My Account button within the text of the email. This verifies your email address and activates your account.
You are now signed up for HomeAway, but you should consider following our next step. We’ll show you how to update your HomeAway profile to enhance your experience.
5. Choose to update your HomeAway profile page
HomeAway will give you the option to update your profile as soon as your have signed up, so if you have not closed the window, click Update Your Profile. If you have closed the window, go back to the HomeAway homepage, click Login, and enter your email address and password. Click the icon with your name, and then click My Profile.
From here you can enter as much or as little information as you like. Remember to never give out private information, as HomeAway securely stores that information for you. However, entering some information about yourself or your travelling companions may help property owners feel more at ease about you, and consider renting to you.
You can click on any highlighted box and type in some additional information about yourself. You can also add a photo by clicking on the edit icon underneath the default profile picture, and using the explorer window to select a picture.
You can also connect your account to your Facebook account by clicking Connect Facebook. HomeAway will not use your Facebook account or post to it, but this helps property owners see that you are a real person, and learn a little more about you.
Now that you know how to sign up for HomeAway, check out our next tutorial on how to use HomeAway. We’ll teach you how to book a stay at a property listed on HomeAway.com.