So far we’ve shown you what Badoo is and how it works. Now let’s get into how much it can cost. Want to know which features of Badoo.com are free and which ones you have to pay for? We’ll lay it all on the table for you.
Badoo is free to sign up for and use, and most features are free. You can browse users in your area with the “People Nearby” feature, “like” or “dislike” other users with the “Encounters” feature, and send messages to people you like, all for free. You can also use the website or app as much as you want.
Unlike some other online dating sites, such as eHarmony.com or Match.com, Badoo does not charge a monthly fee to use their site. However, Badoo does offer additional paid features. In order to access these premium features, you have to purchase “credits.”
Once you buy credits, you can spend them on features that can help you get more matches. The “Rise Up” feature will show your profile higher up on the “People Nearby” page. You can also use your credits to have your profile shown to more people with the “Encounters” feature. You can also pay to show when you’re online, or to send “gifts” with messages.
Badoo also has an optional paid service that they call “Super Powers.” The Super Powers service allows you to see who added you as a favourite, undo your actions in “Encounters,” and more.
To get additional features on Badoo, you’ll need to buy some credits. The least expensive package of credits costs $2.50 (USD), and gives you 100 credits. The most expensive package costs $49.99 (USD) and gives you 2750 credits. The more credits you purchase at once, the lower the cost per credit will be.
Badoo accepts multiple methods of payment, including credit cards, PayPal, and mobile pay. Keep in mind that your account and all of the basic features are free to use. Here is a list of how much each of the credit packages cost:
Here’s a list of how many credits you need for each additional feature:
You can also save 50 credits when you get featured, shown more & rise up all at once!
If you want to access the “Super Powers” service, you can choose how long you want to have them for, and this will determine how much you pay, and how frequently you’ll be charged for the service. Here is a breakdown of the cost of “Super Powers”:
|Time Frame||Cost||Total Cost|
|Lifetime (1 time payment)||$79.99/life||$79.99|
1. Click Increase Your Popularity on the left side.
2. Click on which of the features you’d like to try first. You’ll be given the option to buy just enough credits for that feature, or buy multiple credits to use later. You can also click Top Up Now! to simply go to the credit-buying screen
3. Choose the amount of credits you want to purchase by clicking one of the bubbles (one will automatically be selected by default). Enter your credit card information, then click Pay by Card. Or, click PayPal on the left menu to sign into and use your PayPal account. You can also click Pay by Mobile to charge the cost of the credits to your mobile phone bill. Your card will be charged based on the number of credits you chose to purchase.
1. Click the Super Powers icon on the left side menu.
2. Click Activate Now.
3. Select which package suits you best. You can choose to try it for a week, a month, or pay for multiple months at once. Then, choose how you want to pay, clicking Pay by Card (enter credit card information), PayPal (to sign into and use your PayPal account), or Pay by Mobile (to charge the fees to your mobile phone bill). Click the green button at the bottom when you are ready to make your purchase.
Badoo makes money in two main ways: investors and users. When Badoo first started, funding came mostly from investors. These days, Badoo generates most of its revenue through its premium features. Badoo doesn’t allow much advertising from outside companies, so ads don’t account for a large portion of their revenue.
It isn’t necessary to purchase Badoo credits or “Super Powers” to have a good experience on the Badoo website. Making an account and using all of the basic features is 100% free. However, if you want to have your profile seen more, or want a chance to get more matches, then paying to access additional features might be worth it for you.
Now that you’ve learned how much the online dating service can cost, check out our Badoo review (in our next tutorial) to learn about all of its pros and cons. Have a look at the rest of our Badoo course to learn how to make an account, and how to use Badoo.
TechBoomers offers free articles that teach people how to use technology to make their lives easier (and more fun!). To support our work, some of our content contains links to websites that pay us affiliate commissions when our users visit them through us and make purchases. Learn more about how this works.
Learn how to use
Was something in this tutorial missing, confusing, or out of date? Or did it give you all the information you needed, and you just want to say "thanks"? We'd love to hear what you thought!