So far we’ve shown you what Badoo is and how it works. Now let’s get into how much it can cost. Want to know which features of Badoo.com are free and which ones you have to pay for? We’ll lay it all on the table for you.
When is Badoo free?
Badoo is free to sign up for and use, whether you’re on the web version or the mobile app. Most features on Badoo can be used for free, such as browsing users in your area with the “People Nearby” feature, “liking” or “disliking” other users with the “Encounters” feature, and sending messages to people you like.
Unlike some other online dating sites, such as eHarmony.com or Match.com, most of Badoo’s premium features aren’t paid for through a monthly subscription. Instead, you have to purchase Badoo “credits,” and then spend them on the features you want to use.
For example, the “Rise Up” feature will show your profile higher up on the “People Nearby” page, while the “Extra Shows” feature makes your profile appear more often in the “Encounters” page. You can also spend credits to increase your daily contact limit, send “gifts” with messages, buy digital sticker packs, and more.
Badoo also has a paid subscription service called Badoo Premium. The successor to its old “Super Powers” features, Badoo Premium offers the following perks:
It also allows you to use Badoo without advertisements cluttering up the screen!
How much does Badoo cost?
Badoo is initially free to use. If you want to buy Badoo credits to use premium features, they must be bought in packages that range from $2.99 (USD) to $19.99 (USD). You can also buy Badoo Premium subscriptions that cost from $0.79 (USD) per day to $59.99 (USD) for a lifetime.
Here is a list of how much each of the available credit packages on Badoo cost:
|Number of Credits||Cost (USD)||Cost per Credit (USD)|
One use of most additional features costs 100 credits. It costs 250 credits to get “3x More Popular,” which activates the “Get Featured,” “Rise Up,” and “Extra Shows” features all at once. So you can save 50 credits by using this option!
If you want to access the “Super Powers” that come with Badoo Premium, you can choose how long you want to have them for. This will determine how much you pay, and how frequently you’ll be charged for the service.
Your Badoo Premium subscription will automatically renew itself after every billing period, so if you don’t want it anymore, be sure to cancel it. You can do so by clicking the Settings icon (the cog), then scrolling down to the “Payment Settings” section and clicking Unsubscribe.
Here is a breakdown of the cost of Badoo Premium:
|Time Period||Cost per Billing Period (USD)|
|Lifetime (1-time payment)||$59.99|
How to buy Badoo credits
1. Click Increase Your Popularity on the left side.
2. Click on which of the features you’d like to try first. You’ll be given the option to buy just enough credits for that feature, or buy multiple credits to use later. You can also click Top Up Now! to simply go to the credit-buying screen
3. Choose the amount of credits you want to purchase by clicking one of the bubbles (one will automatically be selected by default). Enter your credit card information, then click Pay by Card. Or, click PayPal on the left menu to sign into and use your PayPal account. You can also click Pay by Mobile to charge the cost of the credits to your mobile phone bill. Your card will be charged based on the number of credits you chose to purchase.
How to buy Badoo “Super Powers”
1. Click the Super Powers icon on the left side menu.
2. Click Activate Now.
3. Select which package suits you best. You can choose to try it for a week, a month, or pay for multiple months at once. Then, choose how you want to pay, clicking Pay by Card (enter credit card information), PayPal (to sign into and use your PayPal account), or Pay by Mobile (to charge the fees to your mobile phone bill). Click the green button at the bottom when you are ready to make your purchase.
How does Badoo make money?
Badoo makes money in two main ways: investors and users. When Badoo first started, funding came mostly from investors. These days, Badoo generates most of its revenue through its premium features. Badoo doesn’t allow much advertising from outside companies, so ads don’t account for a large portion of their revenue.
It isn’t necessary to purchase Badoo credits or “Super Powers” to have a good experience on the Badoo website. Making an account and using all of the basic features is 100% free. However, if you want to have your profile seen more, or want a chance to get more matches, then paying to access additional features might be worth it for you.
Now that you’ve learned how much the online dating service can cost, check out our Badoo review (in our next tutorial) to learn about all of its pros and cons. Have a look at the rest of our Badoo course to learn how to make an account, and how to use Badoo.