Want to get even more out of LinkedIn? Whether you’re looking to find more connections, get on the inside track to getting hired, boost your sales, or pick up top-quality talent for your company, there’s a service for you. These are referred to collectively as “LinkedIn Premium.”
Just a heads-up that some of the services we’re reviewing here have affiliate partnerships with us, so we may earn a commission if you visit one of them and buy something. You can read more about how this works at https://techboomers.com/how-to-support-techboomers.
So, what exactly is LinkedIn Premium?
LinkedIn Premium is a paid subscription to LinkedIn. It has four different services that you can choose from, including “Job Seeker” (helps apply for jobs), “Sales Navigator” (helps find people to sell services to), “Recruiter Lite” (helps hire), and “Business Plus” (helps grow your professional network).
How much does LinkedIn Premium cost?
The cost of LinkedIn Premium depends on which sub-service of LinkedIn Plus you choose to subscribe to. The “Job Seeker” package costs $31 per month, the “Sales Navigator” package costs $70 per month, the “Recruiter Lite” package costs $100 per month, and the “Business Plus” package costs $50 per month.
One thing to note, however, is that (with the exception of “Job Seeker”) these are monthly rates adjusted for annual subscriptions. If you pay by month, “Business Plus” costs $61 per month, “Sales Navigator” costs $90 per month, and “Recruiter Lite” costs $120 per month.
Also note that no matter which premium package you choose, if that is the first time that you’ve subscribed to LinkedIn Premium, you will not have to pay for the first month that you use it.
How to subscribe to LinkedIn Premium
- Go to www.linkedin.com in your web browser and log in.
- In the upper-right corner, click Me on the menu bar, and then click Try Premium for Free on the drop-down menu that appears.
- Read over the general benefits of each of the different packages of LinkedIn Premium. Then, click Select Plan below the package that you wish to purchase.
- Once you select a LinkedIn Premium plan that you want, you can scroll down and see in more detail the specific benefits that you can get by subscribing to this package. If you are sure that this is the plan that you want, click Start My Free Month.
- From here, you may need to sign into you account again, so click Sign In on the next screen. Then, select your billing period length. Click either Monthly or Annual, and watch the changes be reflected in the boxes below.
- The other thing that you will need to do to finish your subscription to LinkedIn Premium is decide how you are going to pay for it. Lower down the screen, under “Select Your Payment Method,” click the left button to pay by credit card, or click the right button to pay by PayPal. (See our tutorial on how to pay with PayPal if you need some help).
If you choose to pay by credit card, click in each of the boxes highlighted here and type in or select:
- Your first name
- Your last name
- Your credit or debit card number
- The month and year that your credit card expires
- Your credit card’s security code
- The country in which you live
- Your mailing code
When you’re all finished, click Review Order. On the next page, confirm and submit your free trial request by clicking Start Your Free Trial, and you will immediately gain access to LinkedIn Premium for free, for one month. There is absolutely no commitment necessary, and you can cancel at any time.
You will then be taken to a printable page with your receipt. Simply click I’m Done in the top-right corner to begin exploring LinkedIn Premium!
And that’s the rundown on the LinkedIn Premium services, and how to subscribe to them. If you’re already subscribed to LinkedIn Premium and you want to end your subscription, be sure to check out our article on how to cancel a LinkedIn Premium subscription here.