Netflix DVD rental is like going to a video rental store without leaving your house. There are thousands more options for DVD rentals than for their regular streaming service, and there are no late fees, either.
Note that Netflix DVD rental service is only available to U.S. customers.
How Do DVD Netflix Rentals Work?
When you sign up for Netflix’s DVD Rental service, you are able to choose from a large selection of movies and shows that you’d like to watch. Depending on your plan, you will receive one, two or three discs at a time. Once you are finished watching a DVD, mail it back to Netflix, and they will send you the next disc(s) on your queue.
Netflix Rental Plans
There are three different plans for the Netflix DVD Rental service, ranging from $8.99 to $19.99 a month. Each of the following plans is an all-you-can-rent, so you are able to rent as many as you want each month. Each of the figures listed below is a “per month” membership rate.
DVD Rental Plans
- $8.99 – One disc at a time – You are only sent one disc from your queue each time you rent movies/shows.
- $11.99 – Two discs at a time – You are sent two discs from your queue each time you rent movies/shows.
- $15.99 – Three discs at a time – You are sent three discs from your queue each time you rent movies/shows.
Blu-ray Discs Rental Plans
- $9.99 – One disc at a time – You are only sent one Blu-ray disc from your queue each time you rent movies/shows.
- $14.99 – Two discs at a time – You are sent two Blue-ray discs from your queue each time you rent movies/shows
- $19.99 – Three discs at a time – You are sent three Blu-ray discs from your queue each time you rent movies/shows
Two Discs/Month Plan
For $4.99 a month (DVD) or $5.99 a month (Blu-ray) you can sign up for the limited plan of one disc at a time with a maximum of two discs per month.
How You Can Manage Your DVD Queue
Sign in to www.dvd.netflix.com and search for a movie title or actor’s name in the search bar. When you get your search results, find the title you’re looking for, and click Add to add the movie to your queue.
You can also search for movies by selecting Browse DVDs to see the newest releases and top picks. Rate the suggestions given to you to give Netflix a better idea of what to recommend. Select Not Interested if you would like a particular suggestion to be erased from Netflix’s recommendations.
If you want your fifth pick to be your third, you can go to your queue by selecting DVD Queue at the top of any Netflix page and type the number “3” to the left of the title, under the List Order column, or drag and drop it to bump it up in your queue. Select Top to move a particular item to the top, or select the X on the far right to remove the item from your queue completely,
When you’re finished watching your movie or show, slip the disc into the mailer envelope provided, ship it back to Netflix, and wait for your next selection to arrive.