Now that you’ve seen our review of OkCupid, you’ve probably decided that you want to use OkCupid to start meeting people in your area. That means it’s time to learn about the OkCupid sign up process. In this article, we will show you how to set up an OkCupid profile and break down each aspect of the OkCupid sign-up.
To create an OkCupid account, go to OkCupid.com and enter your orientation and gender. Then enter your birthdate, location, and email. You will also have to select a username and password. You then have the option of choosing a profile picture, entering a little information about yourself, answering 7 Yes or No questions, and selecting three current users you “Like.” All of these options allows OkCupid to present you with more compatible matches in your area. Then you’re ready to start using OkCupid!
Here is a step-by-step explanation of how to sign up for OkCupid, in case you want a little more detail.
To Sign Up for OkCupid
- Go to www.okcupid.com in your web browser. You only need to enter your orientation and gender, and then click Continue. The first step is that easy!
- You then need to enter a little more information about yourself, including your birthdate, country, ZIP code, and email. You can also choose to sign in through Facebook for this step, knowing that OkCupid will never post to your Facebook account. Select Connect to sign up through Facebook, or enter your information and select Next.
- Next, you must choose a username and password for your account.
Remember, your username is how other OkCupid users will identify you, so make sure you choose carefully. You also cannot change your username on OkCupid without deleting your account and starting over, unless you upgrade to an A-List account. Choose your name, enter a password, and click Done!
- Next, you have the opportunity to Kickstart your profile. Add a profile photo for other users to see what you look like. Remember that choosing a great photo will increase your chances of other users viewing your profile. You can also enter some basic “About Me” information so that other OkCupid users can get a feel for what you’re like the instant they see you.
You can skip this step at any time by selecting Skip > in the top right corner of the screen. Once you have entered your information and have selected a photo, click Done.
- You will then be asked 7 Yes or No questions about yourself to determine who your initial matches will be.
Remember to answer each question as honestly as possible to get better matches.
- The last step is to “like” 3 other users. On OkCupid, a “Like” notifies a user that you have seen their profile and you like what you see. By doing this 3 times, OkCupid gets a feel for your type, and can help find you better matches.
To “Like” someone, simply click the faded star under their name to turn it into a yellow star. You can also skip this step at any time.
Alright! You’ve successfully navigated the OkCupid Sign Up process! Now, it's time to learn how to start using OkCupid.