You don't have to use LinkedIn solely to find jobs for yourself. If you're running a company of your own, you can also use LinkedIn to find people to hire. And, as we demonstrated in our tutorial on how to find a job on LinkedIn, you can have people apply for the job right on LinkedIn using their profiles!
Note that posting a job on LinkedIn costs money, and can cost additional money if you want to advertise your job posting and get it more exposure. You may also need to have a company page on LinkedIn, too, and we can help you set a company page up if you need some pointers.
To post a job on LinkedIn
Go to www.linkedin.com in your web browser and log in.
Click Work in the menu across the top, and then click Post a Job from the drop-down menu.
On the next screen, enter the name of your company, the job title you're hiring for, and the location of the job. Then click Start Job Posting.
After that, you will need to sign into LinkedIn Recruiter, using the same email address and password you use for your regular LinkedIn account.
On the next screen, you can set up your job posting by filling in the job posting form. Simply click in any text box and type your answer, or select any option from a drop-down menu. Any field marked with an asterisk (*) is mandatory.
You will need to fill out the following fields:
– Job function (choose up to three)
– Employment type (choose: Full-time, Part-time, Contract, Temporary, Volunteer, or Other)
– Company industry (choose up to three)
– Seniority level (choose: Not applicable, Internship, Entry level, Associate, Mid-Senior level, Director, Executive)
– Job description
– Company description (will already be filled out if you have a LinkedIn Company Page)
– Select skills required for the job
– How you would like people to apply for the position
When you've reviewed your answers, click Continue at the bottom of the page.
If you're not ready to post the job yet, and want to think about the requirements/description, click Save a Draft at the bottom of the page.
On the next screen, you will be asked if you want to advertise your job to get it more exposure on LinkedIn. Assuming that you don't, just click Continue. If you do want to pay additional money to sponsor your job, and have it appear on the main job search navigation page, click Yes, I'd Like to Sponsor My Job before selecting Continue.
On the next screen, you'll decide how to pay for your job posting. First, click on the number of job postings that you wish to buy. The window below will change to reflect the cost, depending on your choice.
Next, decide how you are going to pay for your posting(s).
First, click either the button beside the credit card logos or the button beside the PayPal logo to decide whether you will pay by credit card or PayPal. (If you decide to pay by PayPal, click Continue to PayPal, log in, and follow the instructions. You will be led back to this page eventually.)
Assuming that you want to pay by credit card, click in each of the boxes and drop-down menus highlighted in the screenshot above and type in or select (as they appear on your card):
– Your first name
– Your last name
– Your card number
– The month that your card expires
– The year that your card expires
– Your card's security code (move your cursor over the graphic for help)
– The country that issued your credit card
– Your mailing code
Once you've filled out this information, click Review Order. On the next screen, confirm your order and submit it.
Once you have posted your job, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive:
- Your job posting will remain live on LinkedIn for 30 days
- The ability to edit your posting if something changes
- A shortlist of candidates on LinkedIn who are qualified to fill your position
- 5 free messages to contact candidates you are interested in
- Tools to track and share applicants
- Analytics on your applicants and the users viewing your postings
That's how to post jobs on LinkedIn! We wish you luck in finding the person who is right for your company.