If you forget your Netflix password, or think a stranger has found their way into your account and locked you out, you can reset your password and kick out anyone else who may be using your account at the time. This tutorial will teach you how to do it.
To reset a Netflix password:
- Go to www.netflix.com in your web browser and click Sign In.
- At the sign in screen, click Forgot Your Email or Password?
- Click in the box labelled “Email” and type in the email address that you used to sign up for your Netflix account. Then click Continue. This will cause Netflix to send an email to that account with instructions on how to reset your password.
- Log into your email account and open the email from Netflix titled “Netflix Password Request”. Click where it says Click Here as highlighted in the screenshot below.
- You will be taken to a new screen where you can reset your password. Click in the box labelled “New Password” and type in the new password that you want to use for your Netflix account. Then click in the box labelled “Confirm New Password” and type in a copy of the password that you just entered.
You can also click the check box here to mark it. This logs out anyone who is currently using your Netflix account, and forces them to log in again with your new password. (You can use this if you think someone is using your account against your will.) When you’re done, click Save.
Alright! Your Netflix account should be back up and running, with a new password to boot! Now, remember to write down your new password somewhere so that you won’t forget it, and be sure to store it in a safe place so that only people you trust can find and use it!