If you’re having trouble finding an item that you want to order on BestBuy.com by simply browsing the different categories, you can try a direct search instead.
Just a heads-up that some of the services we’re reviewing here have affiliate partnerships with us, so we may earn a commission if you visit one of them and buy something. You can read more about how this works at https://techboomers.com/how-to-support-techboomers.
Here’s how to do it.
- Go to www.bestbuy.com in your web browser.
- In the upper-middle portion of the screen, you should see a box that says “Search Best Buy”. Click in it, and then type in what you want to search for. As you do, BestBuy.com will give you suggestions for popular terms that other people have searched for. You can click on one of these suggestions to make it your search query, or click the magnifying glass icon to search for the terms you typed in instead.
- At the top of your results list, you can click the drop-down menu labelled “Sort By” and sort your search results according to:- How closely they match your search terms
– How well they have been selling
– Price, from least expensive to most expensive
– Price, from most expensive to least expensive
– How well other BestBuy.com customers have rated the items
You can also check if each of your search results is available at a particular Best Buy store. Click Store Availability, then click in the box labelled “Stores Near” and type in your mailing code, and then click Go. A list of Best Buy stores near that mailing address will appear; click the arrow buttons to cycle through the list, and then click the button next to a store location to select it. Then click Apply. To change the current store, just click Edit and repeat this process.
- The options on the left allow you to filter your search results according to different criteria. For example, you can see only results that are categorized in certain sections, are affected by certain promotions, have a certain BestBuy.com customer rating, and so on. Most criteria will show the number of available results beside them that fit that particular criterion; click on one to apply it.
Below the search results header, you will see the current filters you have applied. Click the “X” beside a filter to remove it, or click Clear All to remove all of your filters at once.
- You can also compare up to four search results at once, which is useful if you’re trying to decide between similar items.
Below the preview image for each item that you want to compare, click the check box beside “Add to Compare”. This will add the item to a window at the bottom of the screen. You can click the “X” in the top-right corner of an item in this window to remove it from being compared, or click Clear All in the window to remove all items to be compared. When you’re ready to compare items, click the Compare button.
Those are the ins and outs of searching for items on BestBuy.com!