Why just window-shop on BestBuy.com? You can use the website to order items directly from Best Buy, and then either have it delivered directly to your door or pick it up at a nearby Best Buy store.
Just a heads-up that some of the services we’re reviewing here have affiliate partnerships with us, so we may earn a commission if you visit one of them and buy something. You can read more about how this works at https://techboomers.com/how-to-support-techboomers.
You don’t necessarily need an account on BestBuy.com to order items. However, it’s much more convenient if you do, as it lets you re-use your billing and shipping information (so you don’t have to enter it every single time you want to buy something) and track your orders, among other advantages. Therefore, this tutorial will assume that you already have a BestBuy.com account, but haven’t made a purchase yet.
To shop on BestBuy.com:
- Log in to www.bestbuy.com.
- Browse or search for items.
- Click Add to Cart to add an item to your order.
- Select pickup options for each item, and then click Checkout.
- Enter or select your shipping information, or choose a store to pick up your order at.
- Enter or select your billing information.
- Confirm your purchase.
Detailed instructions on how to shop on BestBuy.com
- Go to www.bestbuy.com in your web browser. In the upper-right corner, click Sign In.
- Click in each of the boxes highlighted here and type in the email address and password that you provided when you signed up for your BestBuy.com account. Then click the Sign In button.
- First, you’re going to have to find something on BestBuy.com that you want to purchase. You can search for it specifically, or you can browse BestBuy.com’s various categories.Say, for example, you’re looking to get a holiday or birthday present for your child or grandchild. Let’s start by clicking on the Video Games, Movies, & Music category. (You can use the other options that appear to browse a specific sub-category of merchandise.)
- To go to the information page for an item that’s being sold, look for a preview image above the product name, which should be blue (indicating a hyperlink). Click on the preview image or product name to go to its information page.
- On the product’s information page, you can see details about the item, such as its specifications, how other BestBuy.com users have reviewed it, other versions of it (if they’re available), and other related products that Best Buy is selling. If you want to purchase this item, click Add to Cart.
(NOTE: for some items, you may be asked to buy additional warranties or other similar products. If you don’t want any of this, scroll to the bottom of the window that opens and click No Thanks, Go to Cart.)
- If you want to add more items to your order, repeat steps 3 through 5. Otherwise, it’s time to decide how we want to receive our items, and check out.
For each item, click the button beside “Store Pickup” or “Delivery” to decide whether you want to pick it up at a nearby Best Buy store or have it delivered to you. If you select “Store Pickup”, click Select a Store, then click in the box labelled “ZIP Code” and type in your mailing code, and then click Search. A list of Best Buy stores near you will appear; click Select next to the one that you want your item to be delivered to (or reserved at) for pickup. If you select “Shipping” instead, simply click the button beside your preferred delivery speed.
Once you’ve set the acquisition options for each item in your cart, click Checkout.
- If you haven’t ordered something on BestBuy.com before, you will have to input your shipping information (if you want to have your order delivered directly to you) and billing information. For this example, we’re going to assume that you want your order shipped to you instead of picking it up at a nearby Best Buy store.
Start by clicking the Enter Shipping Address button underneath where it says “Ship To”. Then, click in each of the fields provided and type in or select:
– Your first name
– Your middle initial (if applicable)
– Your last name
– Your street address
– Your unit address (if applicable)
– The name of the city where you live
– The state, province, or region where you live
– Your mailing code
– Your phone number
There are also two check boxes here that you can click to mark (or unmark). Mark the one beside “This Is Also My Billing Address” if you want to be billed at the same address as the one you are getting your order sent to (if you don’t, you will have to enter your billing address again in step 9). Mark the one beside “Remember This Information for Next Time” if you want to use the same shipping address for future orders.
When you’re done entering information and making selections, click Continue.
- When you’ve finished setting up your pickup options, scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Continue once more.
- Now, you will have to choose how you wish to pay for your order. On this screen, you can enter any promotional codes that you have to get discounts on your order or certain items (see our BestBuy.com Promo Codes article).
Assuming that you want to pay with a credit card (but you can pay with other options, such as PayPal, if you want), scroll down to the section marked “Credit Card”, click in each of the boxes highlighted here and type in or select:
– Your credit card number
– Your credit card’s security code (click the “i” icon for help finding it)
– The month and year that your credit card expire
You can also click the check box labelled “Remember This Card For Next Time” to mark it and have Best Buy save your billing information, so you don’t have to re-enter it every time you want to buy something.
- When you’re finished setting up your payment options, click Place Order to confirm your purchase.
Congratulations on ordering something from BestBuy.com! Now, all you have to do is wait until it arrives at your doorstep, or pick it up at your nearest Best Buy store when it’s available!