We’ve told you a little bit about what Coursera is. But before you get started learning on Coursera, you’re going to need to sign up for an account. Doing so allows you to keep track of the courses that you want to learn or have already completed.
Just a heads-up that some of the services we’re reviewing here have affiliate partnerships with us, so we may earn a commission if you visit one of them and buy something. You can read more about how this works at https://techboomers.com/how-to-support-techboomers.
How to join Coursera
- Go to www.coursera.org in your web browser and click Sign Up in the top-right corner.
- A log in window will pop up. If you have a Facebook account, you can click Sign In With Facebook, and follow the prompts and instructions to log into your Facebook account from there.
Otherwise, click in the three boxes highlighted here and type in, respectively:
– Your full name
– Your email address
– A password to protect your account with
When you’re done filling in your information, click Sign Up.
- Next, Coursera will ask what kind of subject fields you’re interested in, in order to recommend courses that you might like to take.
Click on a subject to select it, or click it when it’s selected (i.e. the check box beside it is marked) to deselect it. You must select at least one field. When you’re done, click Continue.
- You will be taken to a screen that will recommend courses for you, based on your subject choices. But first, there’s one thing that you still need to do, and that’s verify your account. To do this, go to your email client and log in, and then look for a message from Coursera Support titled “Action Required: Please Confirm Your Email”. Click it to open it.
When you open the email, click the green Confirm Email Address button.
- You should receive a confirmation message from Coursera that your account has been verified. Simply click Back to Coursera to continue with what you were doing.
Congratulations on signing up for Coursera! Enjoy exploring the world of knowledge now open to you!