Signing up for Hulu is quick and easy, and you can even get a 7-day trial of their paid service (Hulu Plus) to boot.
Just a heads-up that some of the services we’re reviewing here have affiliate partnerships with us, so we may earn a commission if you visit one of them and buy something. You can read more about how this works at https://techboomers.com/how-to-support-techboomers.
Just have your credit card or PayPal account information ready, and follow the steps below.
Go to www.hulu.com in your web browser. In the top-right corner, click Start Your Free Trial.
Click in the box labelled “Sign up with Your Email” and type in your email address. Then click Start Your Free Trial.
On the next screen, you must register for Hulu. If you have a Facebook account, you can click Sign Up Using Facebook and log into your Facebook account to register that way.
Otherwise, click in each of the boxes and drop-down menus highlighted here and type in or select (from top to bottom, left to right):
– Your first name
– Your last name
– Your email address (it should already be filled in)
– A password to secure your account with
– A copy of the password you just entered
– The month you were born
– The date you were born
– The year you were born
– Your gender
When you’ve finished filling in your information, click Continue.
- On the next page, you must enter your billing information. This is because Hulu will begin charging you its regular rate of $8 a month once your free trial is over. (Don’t worry; you can cancel before your free trial is over and not get charged. We’ll show you how in our How to Cancel Your Hulu Account tutorial.)
Choose whether you want to pay by Credit Card or PayPal; if you choose PayPal, you will have to enter your mailing code, and then log into your PayPal account to complete the transaction. Assuming that you select Credit Card instead, click in each of the boxes and drop-down menus below and type in or select:
– Your credit card number
– The month that your credit card expires
– The year that your credit card expires
– Your credit card’s security code (move your mouse cursor over What Is This? if you need help finding this number)
– Your mailing code
When you’re done filling in your information, click Start My Free Week.
There you go! You’re all ready to start using Hulu!