Have you ever wanted to show something to all of your friends at once? Or perhaps wanted to showcase what a day in your life looks like? If so, you’re in luck! The “stories” feature on Snapchat allows you to do just that. In this article, we’ll tell you all about what Snapchat stories are, and how to make one of your own!
What are Snapchat “stories”?
“Stories” are sequences of “snaps” that you can string together to make a chronological narrative. Unlike regular “snaps,” each “snap” that is part of a “story” can be viewed for up to 24 hours. 24 hours after each “snap” is added to your story, it disappears from your story and can no longer be viewed.
How to make a Snapchat story
- Turn on your mobile device, tap Snapchat to open it, and log in.
- Create an initial “snap” for your story
- After you are finished creating your initial snap, tap the page icon at the bottom of the screen to add the snap to a story. (Tap Okay in the window that pops up to confirm).
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 for any other snaps that you wish to add to your story.
How to view, edit, or save a Snapchat story
- 1.From the main screen on Snapchat, tap the three bars in the lower-right corner to go to the “Stories” menu.
- To view your current story in order, simply tap My Story.
- To save all snaps in your current story to your device’s internal memory, tap the three dots beside “My Story.” This should cause an arrow icon to appear beside it. Tap this (and tap Yes in the window that pops up) to save the snaps in your story to a folder on your device named “Snapchat”.
- To remove a snap from your story, tap the three dots (if you haven’t already) to display a list of snaps in your story. Then tap the one that you wish to remove.
From there, simply tap the trash can icon at the bottom of the screen (and tap Delete in the window that pops up) to remove the snap from your story.
- You can also view other people’s stories on Snapchat from here, too.
Tap one of the stories under “All Stories” to view stories from your friends. You can also tap the story under “Live” to view a story from a featured user that’s being put together right now. Finally, you can tap the magnifying glass icon to search for a user by their user name, and see if they currently have a story to tell. Or, you can click the globe icon beside it to explore sample stories from high-profile users (tap a user to see their story).
That’s all you need to know about Snapchat stories!