Now that your PayPal account has been set up, we’ll show you how to start using PayPal. Our first lesson for you will be how to transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account. This will allow you to pay for stuff on popular e-commerce websites, and send money to other PayPal users directly from your account, without involving your credit card or bank account details at all!
Just a heads-up that some of the services we’re reviewing here have affiliate partnerships with us, so we may earn a commission if you visit one of them and buy something. You can read more about how this works at https://techboomers.com/how-to-support-techboomers.
To transfer money to PayPal:
- Go to www.paypal.com and click Log In.
- Provide your PayPal email address and password, and click Sign In again.
- Scroll down to your “PayPal Balance” and click Add Money.
- Select the amount of money to transfer and the account to transfer it from, and click Add.
- Confirm your transaction by clicking Add again.
It’s a pretty easy and straightforward process, but we’ve included a full walkthrough below so you can see what it looks like in action.
Detailed instructions for how to transfer money from your bank account to PayPal
1. Request to log into PayPal.
Go to www.paypal.com in your web browser, and click Log In in the top-right corner.
2. Enter your email address and PayPal password, and sign into PayPal.
Click in the box labelled “Email” and type in the email address that you used to sign up for PayPal. Then, click in the box labelled “Password” and type in the password that you chose to protect your PayPal account with. Finish up by clicking Log In.
3. Submit a request to add money to your PayPal balance from your bank account.
Once you’re on your main page for PayPal, scroll down to the area labelled “PayPal Balance” and click Add Money.
4. Select the account to transfer the money from, input the amount of money to be transferred, and confirm the transaction.
A window will pop up that will allow you to select which account to transfer money from, and how much money to transfer.
Below where it says “Add Money from Your Bank Account”, the account that the money is being transferred from will be displayed. You can click there to select a different account, if you have more than one linked to PayPal.
After that, just click in the box labelled “Amount” and type in the amount of money that you want to put in your PayPal account. Then click Add. Click Add again on the review page that appears, and you’re done!
Note that the money may not appear in your account for a few days, as it will take time for your bank to process the transaction. Anyway, now you know how to transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account!
If you’d like to learn how to transfer money back into your bank account from PayPal, see our How to Withdraw Money from PayPal tutorial coming up next!