Each time you log into Twitter, you’ll be taken to your own homepage. You’ll be able to quickly compose new tweets, see what’s trending, and keep up-to-date with people you’re following. It’s almost like your computer desktop, where you can see all of your important files and access them with a quick click.
The numbered captions below the screenshot will explain a bit more about everything you see here.
1. Home – Click here to go back to your homepage at any time.
2. Notifications – If someone has mentioned you in a tweet, if your tweet has been retweeted, or if someone is replying to your tweet, it will show up in your notifications.
3. Discover – Find a list of recommendations that Twitter has for you. From news outlets to fashion magazines to most-followed people, Twitter will suggest people and things you’d like to hear from most.
4. Profile – Access your profile by clicking here.
5. Trends – See what Twitter is talking about most here. Click one of the trending topics to see the most recent tweets that include the trending hashtag.
6. Feed – This is your Twitter feed. Everyone’s tweets of the people you are following will show up in this feed. If there are more recent tweets, Twitter lets you know at the top by allowing you to click View [X] New Tweets. This lets you update your Twitter feed without having to reload the entire page.
7. Search – Click in this box, type in a word or name, and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard. You can find tweets that contain a particular word or phrase, or look up another Twitter user.
8. Messages – Click here to see any private messages sent to your direct message inbox.
9. Settings – Access your settings, lists, or help; create keyboard shortcuts, edit your profile, or log out from here.
10. Compose Tweet – Click here to begin composing a new tweet.
11. Who to Follow – Here’s a shortcut to Twitter’s recommendations for people whose tweets you may want to track. You can click Refresh to see a new set of three recommendations, or click View All to see a full list of whom Twitter recommends for you.
And that’s a quick tour of your Twitter homepage!