The most common way to watch Hulu is right on the website with your desktop computer. This tutorial will go over how to do so by finding a show to watch, and then controlling the Hulu video player.
Just a heads-up that some of the services we’re reviewing here have affiliate partnerships with us, so we may earn a commission if you visit one of them and buy something. You can read more about how this works at https://techboomers.com/how-to-support-techboomers.
So here are the instructions for watching Hulu on your computer:
Go to www.hulu.com in your web browser and log in.
Browse or search for a show or movie that you want to watch, and click on it to start watching it.
Note that if you select to watch a television show, you may have to select a specific episode. Scroll to the “Episodes” section and click one that you wish to watch.
- Here’s a look at the Hulu video player. Note that you need to have the Adobe Flash Player program installed and active in order for it to work. If you need to install this program (or aren’t sure if you have it installed), click here to learn how to do it.
The main controls are on the bar we’ve highlighted at the bottom of the screenshot. From left to right, you can:
– play or pause the video
– rewind 10 seconds
– view the next episode or movie in sequence
– skip to a particular point in the video
– adjust or mute/unmute the volume
– access advanced settings (like video quality, closed captions, or auto-play for the next video)
– enter or exit full screen mode
You’ll notice that there are also some buttons in the top-right corner of the screen. Click either of these to log into your Facebook or Twitter accounts (respectively, from left to right) and post a message to let your friends and family know what you’re watching on Hulu!
That’s how to watch Hulu shows on your computer in a nutshell! If you’d like to watch Hulu somewhere other than on your desktop computer, we’ll have some information on that in our next tutorial for how to watch Hulu on TV.