We’ve shown you how to take money out of your bank account and put it into your PayPal account. But what if you want to move money the other way; that is, take it out of your PayPal account and put it back into your bank account? After all, there are some things that you just can’t pay for with PayPal.
Fortunately, PayPal makes this easy! How easy? We’ll show you!
To withdraw money from PayPal:
- Go to www.paypal.com in your web browser and log in.
- Scroll down to your “PayPal Balance”, and click Withdraw Money.
- Select the withdrawal’s amount, currency, and destination bank account, and click Continue.
- Review your transaction; click Change to go back to step 3, or click Withdraw to confirm it.
The process is similar to depositing money into your PayPal account, and pretty much just as simple. Just in case, though, we’ve provided a full walkthrough so that you can make sure that you do everything that you need to.
Detailed instructions for how to transfer money from PayPal to your bank account
1. Go to PayPal and log in.
See steps 1 and 2 of our How to Transfer Money to PayPal tutorial if you need a refresher on how to do this.
2. Submit a request to withdraw money from your PayPal account.
Once you’re on your main page for PayPal, scroll down to the section labelled “PayPal Balance” and click Withdraw Money.
3. Choose what type of currency — and how much of it — you wish to withdraw, and select what account it will be sent to.
On the next screen, click the first drop-down menu and select which denomination of currency you wish to withdraw from your PayPal account (if you have more than one in your account). Then, click in the box labelled “Amount” and type in the amount of that currency that you wish to withdraw. Next, click the drop-down menu below that and select the bank account that you wish to transfer the money to (again, if you have more than one). Finish up by clicking Continue.
4. Choose to change any details of your transaction if you need to, or confirm the transaction.
On the next screen, you’ll review your withdraw request. Beside “Amount”, you can click Change and go back to step 3 to re-select your currency, amount to withdraw, and destination bank account if one or more of them isn’t correct. Otherwise, click Withdraw if everything looks set up properly.
Note that, like when you transferred money to your PayPal account from your bank account, it will usually take a little while for the money to be sent the other way. At any rate, congratulations on learning how to withdraw money from your PayPal account back to your bank account!